Reading is an essential part of all our programming. Here are some great books that also have a wonderful message about being grateful.
1. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
2. Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? by Dr. Seuss
3. Splat Says Thank You! by Rob Scotton
4. Thanks a Million by Nikki Grimes
5. There’s a Flower at the Tip of My Nose Smelling Me by Alice Walker
6. Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts
7. Sylvester and the Magic Pebble by William Steig
Know of another great book on gratitude? Let us know in the comments section!
Wide-Eyed & Smiley is the look you see on the faces of children when they awaken to something new—something they were born to do. It's a look we spark everyday after school and during the summer as we engage children in literacy, STEM, art, sports, and social and emotional learning activities.
We invite you to bring Wide-Eyed & Smiley to your home this holiday season with our holiday-inspired recipes and activities.
Send your gift today! Any gift you can make—no matter how large or small—will transform the time a child spends outside the classroom into real opportunities. #GivingTuesday #ARFSmiley